Can I travel safely despite the Corona virus?Your well-being is our top priority and our objective at Camptoo is to let you experience the freedom of a camper holiday carefree. Now that the world is dealing with an outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we realize that it is extremely important to live up to the trust you place in us.
We have listened to the needs of our users and check the updates of the WHO (World Health Organization) on a daily basis. We work with our team of developers, product specialists, community managers and customer service specialists to develop the right solutions, which we would like to share with you.
Before your trip
- Don't have a paid reservation yet? At checkout, please choose the flexible booking option: this allows you to cancel free of charge up to 3 weeks before departure for specific vehicles.
- Do you have a paid reservation? If you are leaving with a motorhome or caravan in the short term, it is important to check whether your travel destination is in a risk area.
- Should I change the dates? Camptoo recommends this strongly for bookings departing before June 1. You can change dates free of cost, and can do this only. Confirm a new date with the owner of the vehicle, this can be later in the summer, the same period next year or -if you don't know yet- temporarily change dates to f.i. November to avoid cancellation costs going up as time progresses. If you move the booking to a more expensive period, you only have to pay the difference. These are the steps:
- confirm with a message via the message center together the new dates
- contact our Customer Happiness team: they can immediately see in the message traffic that both parties agree and move the dates
- You will receive a confirmation that the booking dates has been transferred to the new booking dates
As of April 3rd this becomes even easier, there is an online tool that allows you to directly change the dates of paid bookings online. This was already possible for requests and we are now also accelerating the implementation for paid bookings. So, if you’re not in a hurry, please feel free to amend the dates as of April 3.
- Cancel the booking instead? We recommend moving the booking, as this can be done free of cost at all times, but you are free to cancel. Cancelling a booking with a pickup date after June 1 is subject to standard cancellation terms.
If you want to cancel a booking due to start before June 1, the cancellation can also be done free of charge under a special claim to the Force Majeure exceptions. This allows you to convert the full payment done to date into travel credit. You can use this travel credit to create a new booking at a later time. Travel credit cannot be refunded.
During your trip
Travelling with a camper or caravan has a number of advantages. This is how best to make the most of it:
- Take ample supplies and fill up the water tank. You have your own kitchen, bedroom and bathroom with you, and only you can access.
- You decide where and when you go outside the vehicle. This way you are not exposed to other people close to you (and the associated risk of infection).
- You have the freedom to go where ever you feel like going every single day and may be able to change your travel destination to another (safer) region. Follow the guidelines of the WHO and avoid regions with limited travel advice.
- Check your gas bottles in advance. With filled gas bottles and a fully charged battery, you are completely self-sufficient and you can camp away from larger gatherings and crowds.
After the trip
If you have any doubts about your health after the trip, please let the owner and the Camptoo team know. The well-being of our community remains our top priority. We work together with our owners and provide assistance so that measures are taken to return the vehicle clean to the next tenant.
No booking yet but still want to book for the summer?
Like you, we also hope things will get back to normal soon and there's a safe way to book now and ensure you have a booking for when the holidays reboot: choose Flexible Booking at the checkout as an option, so you can still cancel free of charge up to 9 weeks (and on these vehicles even up to 3 weeks) before departure.