- 2.2 m
- 3 m
- Year built:
- Driver licence:
- Seats while driving:
Meet Rex, our very reliable and economical to drive campervan that has everything you'll need for trips near and far!
We love Rex, he's great for road trips especially when you are moving on daily and wanting to stop off in towns as he fits in a normal parking spot so parking is a breeze and you have everything you need. He's a 2 Berth Ford Transit Leisuredrive with a high top so easy to stand up inside and gives the feeling of more room.
There's two comfortable seats up front with space in between and you can get in the main part of the campervan from the cab without having to get out of the van, this is great when you park up and it's raining. There's a Kenwood sound system with radio/CD/iPod connectivity and DVD player in the cab with speakers in the back. If you have very long legs (over 6ft) then the drivers seat doesn't adjust too far back so Rex may not be for you.
There's a table and seating area with enough room for 4 people and this converts into a bed. The bed measures 5ft 9 x 3ft 7 so if you’re long-legged you may need to sleep with bent legs. There's a TV/DVD player with an aerial (runs off leisure battery) so you can watch this either in the sitting area or when in bed. The best bit of the bed though is if you're in a really scenic place with warm weather you can fling the back doors open and lie in bed looking at the beautiful scenery! There's plenty of lights in the back and three plug points in the van.
The kitchen area consists of a 2 ring Smev gas hob, sink with running water, small microwave which works when plugged into the 240v hook up, a fridge that runs off the leisure battery and can also be plugged into the mains (long cable included) Fire Blanket, Fire Extinguisher and carbon monoxide alarm are fitted for your safety.
Plenty of storage space (under rear seats, above the cab, in the cupboard, if not hiring the loo then under the seat and above rear doors. All the kitchen essentials you’re going to need when camping are included along with two camping chairs and a table for use outside.
There's a portaloo (extra fee of £10 applies) so you won’t get caught short!
Rex will come with a warm air electric heater which will work when you have a 240v mains hook up. You can also hire a dome gazebo with fly-screen which is great and very easy to erect (it's pop up so takes only a minute or two to erect) so if the weather is not the best you can still be outside with a 360degree view while staying dry or in the evenings you can enjoy your location while being protected from being eaten alive by insects. This is an extra £25 per hire/week.
Before enquiring about hiring, please check that you meet the following criteria:
All drivers must be 25-75 years of age and have held a full UK driving licence, or its international equivalent, for a minimum of 2 years. If you are younger or older it may still be possible to hire but a bigger excess/deposit will apply.
Two, 3 point convictions are acceptable (i.e. 2x Sp30’s, 3pts each) without referral. Any single conviction totalling 6 points+ will require referral.
No more than one fault or outstanding accident/claim/incident in the last 3 years
All driving convictions, endorsements, accidents, insurance refusal, disabilities or medical conditions must be disclosed prior to booking. In certain circumstances a surcharge may be imposed, the insurance excess may be increased or insurance may be refused.
All drivers are required to provide proof of identity and permanent address before the pick up date. No need to provide on booking. We will require the following documents:
• Driving licence
• Online DVLA licence check print out (we can help do this)
• 2 separate bills showing the same address as driving licence, first must be a Utility bill (gas, water, electric, sky, internet, landline). The second can be bank/credit card statement, mortgage statement, council tax bill. These must be dated within 90 days of the commencement of the hire period.
Endorsements – the camper van will not be let out on hire or driven by:
• Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their licence endorsed or suspended. Spent convictions, covered the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
• Persons who had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer
• Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
• Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
• Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
• Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
• Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full valid United Kingdom or EU licence for two years or more.
The vehicle shall be driven only by the person(s) named on the rental agreement and anyone else who has provided their documentation and it has been agreed.
- Kitchen unit
Suitable for tall people
- Side facing seats
- Dining area
- 2 Berths (Convertible bed 2p)
We would hope you love Rex as much as we do and you look after him as if he's your own. No smoking inside the van and if raining if you can take muddy shoes off before getting in the van.
You will collect Rex with a full tank of diesel so please return with a full tank, also if hiring the portaloo this will need emptying and cleaning before returning. This is easier to do at a campsite. Please do not use a drive through car wash, we will clean on return.
We allow well behaved dogs and ask that they don't get up on the seats.
Thanks very much :) !
Third party liability + Comprehensive insurance
The security bond for this vehicle is $1,500. The bond will be refunded after your trip ended and needs to be authorized at least 2 days before your trip starts.
Thank you Chrissy & Danny